Macomb County has been an integral part of Oakland University’s growth and success since our founding in 1957. In 1991, Oakland joined Macomb Community College as one of three partner schools at the newly established University Center in Clinton Township. In 2011, expanded its presence in the county by opening the OU Anton/Frankel Center in downtown Mount Clemens. Each year, about 2,000 students take courses at one of our Macomb County locations.
Today’s competitive job market has made higher education a necessity for a successful career. OU is committed to enriching the lives of working adults who live and work in Macomb County by offering relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that lead to fulfilling careers. Our emphasis on learning-by-doing means our graduates are marketable, workforce-ready and in demand immediately so they can go further in their careers - and contribute to the county’s thriving economy.
To better serve our students’ busy personal and professional schedules, OU offers innovative Fast-track Degree-completion Programs in marketing, general management, information technology and human resources management. Offered at the OU Anton/Frankel Center, the flexible and timesaving accelerated eight-week courses combining classroom work with online assignments allow you to finish your bachelor’s degrees quickly.
To request program information, visit our website.
Macomb County Locations
OU Anton/Frankel Center (AFC), 20 S. Main St., Mount Clemens, MI 48043, (248) 370-3910, fax (248) 370-3925.
Macomb University Center (MUC), 44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038, (586) 263-6242, fax (586) 263-6261.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in General Management - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Development
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Integrative Studies (Choose courses based on your unique career interests and goals or select one of our program tracks in human resource development, business and communication, healthcare leadership or criminology with sociology)
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated Second Degree
- Bachelor of Social Work
Graduate Degree Programs and Certificates
- Education Specialist in Leadership (Accelerated Post-master’s Program)
- Central Office Administration (Post-master’s Certificate)
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Accelerated Weekend
Academic Advising in Macomb County
Academic advising is available by appointment; contact staff for more information.