Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in health sciences at Oakland University with and a pre-pharmacy concentration may pursue admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) at Wayne State University (WSU).
If admitted to the WSU PharmD program through the OU Pharmacy First Program, OU students will complete their senior year of coursework taught at Wayne State University and credits earned from courses at WSU PharmD program will be transferred back to OU to complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Science with a major in health science program. It is highly recommended that students consult with the academic adviser prior to enrolling in any of these classes, as completion of coursework does not guarantee admission or completion of the program. Admission into an accredited PharmD program is required to complete this maturation.
There are two tracks for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in health sciences at Oakland University with a pre-pharmacy concentration and a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) at Wayne State University. To be eligible to participate in the Pharmacy First Program OU students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain an overall minimum 3.3 GPA
- All program pre-requisites completed with the minimum GPA required
- To be considered, the applicant must successfully complete the academic and non-academic admission requirements and submit all of the appropriate applications
- Students should declare their intent to enter into the Doctor of Pharmacy program, just prior to their sophomore year
- For the Doctor of Pharmacy program, students must take the PCAT on the October test date of their junior year, scoring above the 50th percentile with no sub score (Writing, Verbal, Biology, Quantitative) below the 50th percentile
- Student must successfully be interviewed by representatives from the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Wayne State University
- Students must be admitted to the OU Pharmacy First Program before graduation.
Notification of formal admission into the doctor of pharmacy will be provided to the student before the completion of their junior year.