Lori Crose, Director Professional and Continuing Education
Please click to visit our website for the most up-to-date program information: sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate Website
The two-course program is specifically designed to provide both basic airman knowledge, hands-on flying skill and preparation to apply and pass the FAA sUAV Remote Pilot Certification Test. Students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and operations of an sUAV through both written and flying skill tests throughout the program.
Because the FAA’s sUAV Remote Pilot Certification Test is required for commercial operation, the program is ideal for individuals that will be taking on the responsibility for sUAS operation on behalf of their company or for those individuals interested in starting up their own sUAS related business.
A Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) Certificate of Achievement will be issued to the participants who pass both courses and the FAA administered exam.
Before class, participants must:
- Register with the FAA sUAS registration (approx. $5 cost)
- Become a member of the Academy of Model Aviation (approx. $75) to receive insurance coverage and latest updates.
- Each student is required required to buy a Blade Nano QX quadrotor.
Registration is through Oakland University, and can be found at the following link: sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate Registration. Type “sUAS” into the search bar.
To earn a Certificate of Achievement for the sUAS* Remote Pilot Certificate Program from Oakland University, a student must pass
- Hands-on skill test for operating an sUAV in an obstacle course (CEEN 10101)
- Written tests for preparation and maintenance of sUAV (CEEN 10101 & 10201)
- sUAV Remote Pilot Knowledge Test (administered by FAA, CEEN 10201)