sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate Program
Please click to visit our website for the most up-to-date program information: sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate Website
The Small Unmanned Aircraft (Drone) Remote Pilot Certificate Program is specifically designed to provide both basic airman knowledge, hands-on flying skill, and preparation to apply for and pass the FAA small drone remote pilot certification (Part 107 test). Students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and operations of a small-unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) through both written and flying skill tests.
Who should attend
The program is ideal for individuals that will be taking on the responsibility for commercial operation of small drones. This may be on behalf of their company or for those individuals interested in starting up their own sUAS related business. There are a variety of commercial uses for small drones, including:
• Delivery - light packages, mail, food
• News reporting - TV channels
• Real estate’s advertisement
• Aerial inspection - roofs, bridges, electrical power lines
• Surveillance & security
• Construction survey
• Movies and media
• Search & rescue, disaster relief
• 3D mapping
• Sports entertainment
A Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) Certificate of Achievement will be issued to the participants who complete the course and pass the FAA administered exam.
Before class, participants must:
- Register with the FAA sUAS registration (approx. $5 cost)
- Become a member of the Academy of Model Aviation (approx. $75) to receive insurance coverage and latest updates.
- Each student is required required to buy a Blade Nano QX quadrotor.
Registration is through Oakland University, and can be found at the following link: sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate Registration.
CEEN 10301 - Small Drone Remote Pilot Knowledge & Proficiency