May 26, 2022
Visit our website for the most up-to-date information about this program: EMDR Website
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, originally developed by Francine Shapiro, is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR is a set of standardized protocols that incorporates elements from many different treatment approaches. To date, EMDR therapy has helped millions of people of all ages relieve many types of psychological stress.
EMDR identifies root causes of psychopathology in the form of disturbing memories and can alleviate symptoms from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) or other traumatic experiences that remain unresolved. It encompasses the following goals:
- Process disturbing memories
- Reduce the lingering effects of traumatic experiences
- Develop adaptive coping mechanisms in patients
- All-in-one training manual (Parts 1 and 2)
- A free downloadable video of the entire training (Parts 1 and 2)
- 10 hours of group consultation (required as part of the Basic Training Course)
- Free downloadable audio and/or videos files of additional EMDR presentations
- Free membership to EMDR Consulting’s internet forum
- Discounts on EMDR Consulting’s EMDR certification package
Click here to register for the course.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in a mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or other related mental health discipline considered appropriate by EMDRIA
- Professionals with a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) must have a psychiatric specialization.
- License to practice is required. License number will be required for verification.
Interns & Students
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline considered appropriate by EMDRIA. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and practicum portion of their graduate program.
- Students who would like to take the basic training will need to submit the following documentation to determine eligibility for registering for an EMDRIA Approved Basic EMDR Training: unofficial graduate transcript showing completion in a practicum or internship class by the course start date
EMDRIA reserves the right to refuse those individuals who do not meet the required guidelines for consideration.