The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
Oakland University Logo
    Oakland University
  Jan 22, 2018
2015-2016 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Academic Advising

121 N. Foundation Hall
(248) 370-3227
All first year and undecided and/or re-deciding students

Students seeking information about specific majors may consult the advising offices of the College or any of the schools, or individual departments. Students who are undecided may consult advisers in the First Year Advising Center, or in the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Office, or in the advising offices of the schools.

For assistance with your academic and career goals, you are encouraged to visit the Academic Advising web site where you’ll find information to help you learn about Oakland University majors, minors, registration processes, and degree requirements. The “Find my Adviser” function will assist you in locating your adviser among the nine advising offices on campus, as well as connect you to your advising unit’s website. We also encourage you to make use of the career and major exploration resources, as they give great insight to decided, re-deciding, and undecided majors!

For More Information

Area code: (248)
Admissions: 370-3360 (undergraduate), 370-3167 (graduate)
Disability support services: 370-3266, 370-3268 (TDD)
Information: 370-2100
International student services: 370-3358, 370-3268 (TDD)
Loans and student employment: 370-2550
(Financial aid office) Scholarships and grants: 370-3360 (new students),
     370-2550 (returning students), 370-3167 (graduate students)
Students affairs: 370-4200
Student housing: 370-3570 (Residence halls office)