Macomb County has been an integral part of Oakland University’s growth and success since our founding 60 years ago. In 1991, Oakland joined Macomb Community College as one of three partner schools at the newly established University Center in Clinton Township. In 2011, expanded its presence in the county by opening the Anton/Frankel Center in downtown Mount Clemens. Each year, more than 2,000 students take courses at one of our locations in Macomb County.
Today’s competitive job market has made higher education a necessity for a successful career. OU is committed to enriching the lives of those who live and work in Macomb County by offering relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that lead to fulfilling careers in communication, criminal justice, education, nursing and social work. And our emphasis on learning-by-doing means our graduates are marketable, workforce ready and in demand immediately so they can go further in their careers - and contribute to the county’s thriving economy.
To better serve our students and accommodate their busy schedules, OU offers innovative Fast-track Degree-completion programs in marketing, general management, information technology and human resources management. Offered at the OU Anton/Frankel Center, the flexible, time-saving accelerated eight-week courses - combining classroom work with online assignments - allow working adults to finish their bachelor’s degrees quickly.
For more details visit Oakland University degree programs available in Macomb County.
Macomb County Educational Sites
- Anton/Frankel Center (AFC), 20 S. Main St., Mount Clemens, MI 48043, (248) 370-3910, fax (248) 370-3925.
- Macomb University Center (MUC), 44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038, (586) 263-6242, fax (586) 263-6261.
Undergraduate degree programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Integrative Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in General Management - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Development
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management - Fast-track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Fast Track
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Fast Track
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated Second Degree
- Bachelor of Social Work
Graduate degree programs
- Education Specialist in Leadership
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Accelerated Weekend
Academic Advising in Macomb County
Academic Advising is available by appointment; students should contact OU’s Macomb County office for further information.