The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) degree program is designed for experienced professionals who have focused on developing their careers and want to broaden their business knowledge and gain additional leadership, management and business operations skills. This program offers the depth and rigor of a traditional MBA with the schedule flexibility required of professionals.
The program value is enhanced by the cohort class structure where a new group of students starts in the fall of each year and takes all their core classes together. In doing so, the classroom dynamics, commitment to the program and resulting learning experience is greatly enhanced.
The EMBA is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals by meeting in person on Friday afternoons and all day Saturday on alternate weekends for five semesters: fall, winter, summer, fall and winter. Some online instruction may be incorporated into classes. In order to assure effective instruction and interaction, class sizes are limited.
For program costs, please see Executive MBA Website
Admission terms and application deadlines
Applicants are admitted fall semester only. Before an applicant’s file can be reviewed for full program admission, all application documents must be received in Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning by the semester deadlines listed below. Incomplete applications will not be sent to departments for admission review.
- July 15 for fall semester
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit all Graduate Application Requirements and additional department requirements by the published application deadlines:
- Additional department application requirements
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. The GMAT scores must be five years or less at the time of the applicant’s intended enrollment at Oakland University.
- Applicants who have earned a master’s degree (or higher), have extensive management experience, or have earned additional certifications during their career may request a waiver of the GMAT score. To request a waiver, an applicant must include a GMAT waiver form for consideration as part of their admission packet. The request for waiver is subject to the approval of the Graduate Admissions Committee.
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience.
- A personal interview with the admissions committee or a designated representative.
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline.
Admission review and assessment
Admission to graduate study at Oakland University is selective. In making admission recommendations to Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning, the admission committee will assess the potential of applicants for success in the program by examining their undergraduate records, goal statement, recommendation forms, prerequisite courses, experience and any other admission requirements established by the academic department.