2021-2023 Graduate Catalog
Graduate Certificate in Corporate and Worksite Wellness
Dr. Charles R.C. Marks, Associate Professor
The Graduate Certificate in Corporate and Worksite Wellness is designed to offer advanced graduate courses to prepare exercise science practitioners for the demands of careers in corporate and worksite wellness.
Admission terms and application deadlines
Before an applicant’s file can be reviewed for full program admission, all application documents must be received in Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning by the semester deadlines listed below. Incomplete applications will not be sent to departments for admission review.
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit all Graduate Application Requirements and additional department requirements by the published application deadlines:
- Additional department application requirements
- Applicants should have a background in basic and applied health sciences and a minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (B).
- Exercise Science Supplemental Application Form which includes a goal statement
- The two Recommendation for Graduate Admission forms listed above must be from academics familiar with the student’s abilities (preferred) or from employment supervisors.
- International applicants must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and arrange for their official GRE scores to be submitted to Oakland University. The institution code for Oakland University is 1497.
It is strongly recommended that applicants have suitable work experience in the field of exercise science.
Applicants with an undergraduate GPA less than 3.0 (B) with the appropriate academic background and strong letters of recommendation may be considered for admission with limited standing. Applicants who qualify for this admission status must complete a minimum of 12 credits of graduate-level work, with a GPA of 3.0 (B) or above within the first year of their program, to be advanced to full admission.
Admission review and assessment
Admission to graduate school at Oakland University is selective. In making admission recommendations to Oakland University Graduate School, each department assesses the potential of applicants for success in the program by examining their undergraduate records, goal statement, letters of recommendation, prerequisite courses and any other admission requirements established by the academic department.
Students who are considering applying to the Graduate Certificate in Corporate and Worksite Wellness may contact the academic adviser for the School of Health Sciences to review prerequisite courses and application requirements. Upon acceptance to the program, students are assigned a faculty adviser.