Oakland University strives to be widely recognized as Macomb County’s premiere university for baccalaureate and graduate programs. With the establishment of OU-Macomb more than two decades ago, the University is committed to expanding access to higher education in Macomb County. Home to three conveniently located OU educational sites and the award-winning M2O partnership with Macomb Community College, OU-Macomb offers Macomb County residents options and greater flexibility in completing instruction for their bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
Each semester, OU-Macomb offers about 150 courses, in both day and evening formats, that lead to fulfillment of OU general education and major requirements, as well as a number of full undergraduate and graduate degree programs. By offering several enrollment options, OU-Macomb serves a variety of student populations by:
- Serving as a gateway to OU’s main campus in Rochester, students can complete select course requirements, close to home and work, for several OU bachelor degrees.
- Facilitating degree completion for traditional transfer students coming from a community college or another university and wishing to complete requirements for an OU bachelor degree at OU-Macomb or at the main campus in Rochester.
- Facilitating the seamless progress toward an OU bachelor’s degree for OU’s community college partnership students who are completing course requirements at their local community college, or any OU location including OU-Macomb.
- Serving working adult students who have earned some college credits and wish to return for degree completion of their OU undergraduate or graduate degree at OU-Macomb or the main campus in Rochester.
OU-Macomb Educational Sites
- Macomb University Center (MUC), 44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038, (586) 263-6242, fax (586) 263-6261.
- Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD), 44001 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038 (586) 226-8462, fax (586) 226-8463.
- Anton/Frankel Center (AFC), 20 S. Main St., Mount Clemens, MI 48043, (248) 370-3910, fax (248) 370-3925.
Undergraduate degree programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bachelor of Integrative Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in General Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Development
Graduate degree programs
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Educational Leadership Concentration
- Education Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Counseling (two-track option: school or community/agency)
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Reading and Language Arts
- Master of Arts in Teaching with Elementary Certification (K-8)
- Master of Arts in Teaching with Secondary Certification (6-12)
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education with Early Childhood Endorsement
- Master of Education in Special Education with Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement
- Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
Certificate and endorsement programs
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Endorsement
- Career Development Facilitator Training
- Early Childhood Education Endorsement
- School Counseling, Advanced Specialization
Academic Advising at OU-Macomb
Academic Advising is available by appointment; students should contact the OU-Macomb office for further information.
For additional information about the programs or services available at any of the OU-Macomb sites, please visit oakland.edu/gomacomb or e-mail the OU-Macomb staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.