542 Engineering Center
CSE offers a series of stackable certificate programs that can lead to an M.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering & Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or Artificial Intelligence. We have partnered with industry to develop stackable certificates featuring cutting-edge skills in areas of high demand by employers. You can work at your own pace towards your degree, building skills as you need them to maximize your career success.
The certificate in Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Security and Trustworthy AI is intended for students seeking to upskill from engineering, computer science, math, or other non-computing background, to be ready for future coursework through a CSE graduate degree program or additional certificates to stack into a CSE master program.
Admission terms and application deadlines
Before an applicant’s file can be reviewed for full program admission, all application documents must be received in Oakland University Graduate School by the semester deadlines listed below. Incomplete applications will not be sent to departments for admission review.
- February 15 (early) April 15 (regular) and July 15 (late) for fall semester
- October 1 (early) and November 15 (regular) for winter semester
- March 1 (regular) for summer semester
- International applicants
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit all Graduate Application Requirements and additional department requirements by the published application deadlines:
- Additional department application requirements
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree in any engineering or computer science or related disciplines with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applicants from outside the above fields may apply and the completion of pre-requisites courses can be requested.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association, or completion of an international degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned.
Admission review and assessment
Admission to graduate school at Oakland University is selective. In making admission recommendations to Oakland University Graduate School, each department assesses the potential of applicants for success in the program by examining their undergraduate records, goal statement, letters of recommendation, prerequisite courses and any other admission requirements established by the academic department.